Specific & relatable storytelling builds an engaged customer base for your brand.
— It’s timeless and cuts through the pressure of social media platforms & algorithms.
As a copywriter, editor, & content strategist, I have worked with inclusive, culturally-forward D2C businesses, such as Kulfi Beauty, Kola Goodies, PODI life, and Saeyri.
I ask: What is the emotional through-line of the stories we’re telling?
I create all types of storytelling: editorial platforms + brand blogs, email marketing + newsletters, ‘About’ pages + branding, founder stories, TikTok + Reel scripts, product descriptions, & campaign launches. Click on some of my storytelling below:
- I wrote the collection thematic description & product copy for each piece of jewelry for Saeyri’s Tadka Collection and Milk & Cardamom Collection.
- I wrote the product description for Kola Goodies’ Sri Lankan Oat Mylk Tea Latte and assisted with the Tea Latte Holiday Box packaging & insert copy.
- Hetal Vasavada of Milk & Cardamom on jewelry & creativity
- Creative Stylist Roz Kaur on fashion & personal style
- Is Superfood Just a Wellness Marketing Buzzword? | Nov. 14, 2022
- The Story of Sri Lanka’s Thieves Tea | Nov. 14, 2022
- Introducing Our Sri Lankan Oat Mylk Tea Latte | Sept. 16, 2022
- A Sri Lankan Perspective on the Turmeric Latte Trend| July 11, 2022
- 6 AAPI Rituals & Ingredients Appropriated in West | July 11, 2022
- The Colonized History of Ceylon Tea | July 11, 2022
I was Kulfi’s inaugural Editor & Content Lead from 2020 to 2021. I wrote &/or edited 100+ stories on Bites blog and created the vision & editorial guidelines. These are select articles that I’ve written (view full Bites blog here).
- Main Match: The meaning behind our campaign | Aug. 14, 2022
- An Editor’s Reckoning: The reality of search engines & content | Nov. 12, 2021
- PCOS & Beauty: Sai Seshadri on what you can control | Oct. 22, 2021
- Nova: Reflections from a boundary breaking model | Oct. 1, 2021
- Gossip Girl & my complicated relationship w/ beauty trends | Aug. 6, 2021
- Kulfi Bites: How we’re finding our purpose & focus | June 23, 2021
- MoSpace on navigating culture & the internet | Mar. 19, 2021
- Empowering anime characters as Kulfi kajal shades | Mar. 3, 2021
- Nazar No More: Meaning behind our campaign | Feb. 15, 2021
- A grad student’s guide to taking breaks | Dec. 11, 2020
- South Asian content creators’ Zodiac gift guide | Dec. 2, 2020
- Intentional spending led me to find my makeup style | Sept. 9, 2021
- These 18 Reactions To “Starstruck” Season 2 Prove That Rose Matafeo Is Simply A Genius by Stan Shunpike, Buzzfeed | April 15, 2022 (A random tweet of mine made it onto Buzzfeed, lol!)
- How one beauty brand is bridging the gap between tradition & innovation by Prathigna Yerakala, Reclamation Magazine | Feb. 17, 2021
- This is how we can tackle anti-blackness in the South Asian community by Tahmina Begum, i-D Magazine | July 1, 2020
- On South Asian solidarity by Easheta Shah, The Michigan Daily | June 24, 2020
- Snapshots at the Junction | The Womanist, Mills College, Fall 2018
- Red | The Womanist, Mills College, Spring 2018