hours minutes seconds
Next Blog Post Launches!
Dreams In-Progress Interviews are released biweekly Saturdays (PST).
Interview with Atlanta Rydzik
COMING SOON! January 18th, 2020
– Interview with Annabel Gong (January 4th, 2020):
Marine Ecology pathway, LGBTQ+ resources in STEM, researching sharks over the summer, being a student leader in college, and applying to grad school
– Interview with Safa Arshadullah (December 21st, 2019): Advertising + Strategy pathway, PR internship, MAIP fellowship, thesis on Diversity & Inclusion, Watson fellowship, graduating early from Scripps, and being a third culture kid
– Introduction to Dreams In-Progress (December 14th, 2019):
this post provides more context and explores my thought process & vision of what I hope to achieve with this blog interview series
Q: WHAT’S DREAMS IN-PROGRESS ABOUT?
A: I will be interviewing people to explore…
– How they’re taking steps toward their aspirations
– How they’re feeling in this chapter of their lives
– What challenges + aha! moments they’ve had
– What resources that have helped them along their journeys
Dreams In-Progress focuses on the nonlinearity of pathways. I love learning about people’s mindsets and processes while they’re achieving their goals or figuring out what they want to do in life. While the people I’ll feature have a variety of academic/career backgrounds, I aim to produce content that centers diversity and storytelling. This series examines the experiences of Millennials & Gen. Z-ers, who are still on their way from Point A to Point B in their lives. My first interviews will feature college seniors and recent graduates to learn how they envision their futures.
Q: WHO’S IT FOR?
A: This blog is great to read for…
– Post-graduates who realize that they have so much to figure out after graduating
– College students who are in the process of making their post-grad plans
– High-schoolers who want a realistic/better sense of college and beyond
– Anyone who wants connections to resources related to different industries and areas of study (English, Sociology, Computer Science, Biology, & more)
– Anyone who is curious about how people navigate their circumstances to find their place in the world
Q: WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO READ IN THESE INTERVIEWS?
A: An interview blog post includes many things about the featured guest: biographical info, stories, thoughts, memories, and pathway info (i.e. crafting major, career path, post-grad thoughts), a resources section, top 5 favorites, social media links, and sometimes Instagram Story viewer questions!
Q: WHY DID YOU START IT?
A: The people I know in different areas of my life are all so complex and resilient. The conversations I’ve had during this early post-grad stage of my life have inspired me and affirmed that I’m not alone. I want to share stories, thoughts, and reflections that are specific yet resonant. I’m excited to see what unexpected themes and deep thoughts arise from my conversations. Stay tuned biweekly on Saturdays (PST)! –S.A.
Banner description: mural by Jet Martinez on Broadway Street, Oakland, CA | pC: Samia A.